The Accusations In Ghislaine Maxwell's Court Docs Will Make Your Skin Crawl

Maxwell was arrested earlier this month.

Content Warning: The following article discusses sexual abuse. Early this month, Jeffrey Epstein’s former girlfriend and longtime associate Ghislaine Maxwell was arrested on multiple sex trafficking charges – this week, unsealed court documents have exposed the true extent of her alleged involvement in Epstein’s sexual abuse of underage girls.

According to Huffington Post, Maxwell’s lawyers attempted to block the release of the documents, describing them as “extremely personal, confidential and subject to considerable abuse by the media,” however the request was rejected by U.S. District Judge Loretta Preska.

The documents, which come from a since-settled lawsuit filed against Maxwell by Virginia Giuffre in 2015, reveal distressing accusations – including allegations Maxwell engaged in sexual relations with underage girls, and the names of high profile men that were involved in Epstein and Maxwell’s sex trafficking operation.

A testimony by a Jane Doe accuser alleges that Maxwell “converted her into what is commonly referred to as a ‘sex slave’” and another excerpt from Giuffre’s deposition claims that Jeffrey Epstein “engaged in sex” with “more than a hundred” underage girls while she was involved with him and Maxwell.

Perhaps the most shocking accusation to come from these unsealed court documents is the names of men who Ghislaine Maxwell allegedly directed Virginia Giuffre to engage in activities with. They include US lawyer Alan Dershowitz, Prince Andrew, model scout Jean Luc Brunel, former Governor of New Mexico Bill Richardson and late AI ‘pioneer’ Marvin Minsky. Many names have also been redacted.

Huffington Post reports that additional documents, “including a deposition related to Maxwell’s sex life” are also expected to go public on August 3rd. 

Ghislaine Maxwell has plead not guilty to several charges, including sex trafficking and the enticement of minors, and is currently being held in a Brooklyn jail pending trial. 

If you, or anyone you know is a victim of sexual abuse contact Lifeline of 13 11 14 or 1800 RESPECT for support.

Always be in the loop with our snackable podcast breaking the biggest story of the day. Subscribe to It’s Been A Big Day For… on your favourite podcast app.

People Are Linking Former Presidential Candidate's Death To Trump's Rally

"We'll never know."

Herman Cain, a former business executive, Tea Party activist and 2012 Republican presidential candidate, has sadly died from COVID-19 at age 74 about one month after attending Trump’s rally in Tulsa.

A statement on his website reads, “We’re heartbroken, and the world is poorer: Hermain Cain has gone to be with the Lord.”

“We knew when he was first hospitalised with COVID-19 that this was going to be a rough fight,” the statement reads. “He had trouble breathing and was taken to hospital by ambulance. We all prayed that the initial meds they gave him would get his breathing back to normal, but it became clear pretty quickly that he was in for a battle.”

“We all prayed so hard every day,” the update continued. “We knew the time would come when the Lord would call him home, but we really liked having him here with us, and we held out hope he’d have a full recovery.”

Herman Cain’s team confirmed he had tested positive for COVID-19 on June 29th. Earlier this month they said there was “no way of knowing for sure how or where Mr. Cain contracted the coronavirus,” however many social media users have linked his fatal diagnosis to Donald Trump’s Tulsa rally he attended on June 20th. 

According to PEOPLE, Cain – as well as many other attendees – were seen without masks or social distancing at the rally. TIME also stated that the Oklahoma State Department of Health reported a record number of COVID-19 cases in the state three weeks after Trump’s rally. “On the day of the event, it was revealed that six staffers on the Trump campaign tested positive for the coronavirus,” TIME reports

“I realise people will speculate about the Tulsa rally, but Herman did a lot of travelling in the past week,” Cain’s friend Dan Calabrese wrote on his website in early July. “I don’t think there’s any way to trace this to the one specific contact that caused him to be infected. We’ll never know.”

Speaking of Trump’s Tulsa rally, hear about how k-pop fans and TikTokers trolled it below:

Calabrese also told PEOPLE that he believes Cain contracted the virus while on a plane given his recent travels.

“Where he got it, it’s kind of neither here nor there, but I wish people would stop trying to turn it into a political angle in that way,” he added. “I know he did wear a mask and I know he encouraged people on his show to wear a mask.”

This tragic loss is incredibly heartbreaking for Hermain Cain’s family and friends, and a clear reminder that the world is still very much grappling with this devastating pandemic.

Always be in the loop with our snackable podcast breaking the biggest story of the day. Subscribe to It’s Been A Big Day For… on your favourite podcast app.

Self-Isolation Lies Copped These QLD Teens COVID-19 And Thousands In Fines

"I'm absolutely furious."

As Victoria battles through a second lockdown and NSW attempts to contain growing clusters of COVID-19, following social distancing rules and restrictions has never been so important. Sadly, that didn’t stop two teens from triggering QLD’s first community transmission of COVID-19 in more than a month.

According to multiple reports, two 19-year-olds were each fined $4,000 this week after allegedly lying to authorities about where they’d been and failing to self-isolate.

The pair travelled from Melbourne to Brisbane where they reportedly visited a large number of public places and then failed to follow the strict 14-day quarantine rule. reports the pair also live in large households, leading to family transmission of the virus.

One of the teens even returned to work as a cleaner at Parklands Christian College in QLD for three days before later being diagnosed with the COVID-19. Staff and students have been since issued a warning.

“The staff member was on site last week and then rang in sick and then that’s when the trace program started,” school Principal Gary Cully told The Courier Mail.

Speaking of COVID-19 restrictions, hear about face mask mandates below:

“As far as I’m aware they were not symptomatic while they were onsite and then called in sick the following day and then the next week they were tested,” he added.

Apparently, Chatswood Hills State School has also been closed for deep cleaning after one of the women worked there. 

“I’m absolutely furious that this has happened,” QLD’s Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said. “These two have gone to Victoria, have come back and have given misleading information to authorities.”

QLD’s chief health officer Dr Jeannette Young said that there is a police investigation underway, and that “the initial investigation is indicating that there were incorrect details on their declaration passes.”

It’s just another reminder to – and we cannot stress this enough – get tested if you’re feeling sick, stay home and if you have to travel, follow the rules and self-isolate.

Always be in the loop with our snackable podcast breaking the biggest story of the day. Subscribe to It’s Been A Big Day For… on your favourite podcast app.

Pop-up Channel

Follow Us